Title: MACHINING / MAINTENANCE APPRENTICE
Reports to: Maintenance team & CEO
EEO Category: Craft Workers (apprentice)
The Machining/Maintenance Apprentice position is a full-time position and/or internship which enables Associates with minimal job experience to work hand-in-hand with professionals using these tools in a On the Job Training (OJT) environment.
Essential Position Functions:
The ideal candidate will learn or participate in the following activities
- Maintain appropriate operating standards
- Maintenance procedures for all equipment
- Assist in preventative maintenance tasks and repairs
- Manual mill & lathe setup & operation
- CNC mill & lathe setup & operation
- Master Cam and Solid Works operation; use programs to complete projects
- Must be motivated to learn.
- Follow Standard Work Processes.
- Follow all safety precautions and safety procedures including wearing appropriate PPE.
- Participate and contribute in a team environment by working with all levels of associates and across different functional areas.
- Ability to read prints and shop drawings and understand part tolerances
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in both written and verbally formats
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to use basic measuring tools i.e. calipers, micrometers, scales
- Good trouble shooting skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Manual dexterity required
- Must be able to physically complete required tasks including standing for extended periods of time, stoop, bend, climb ladders and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75lbs.
Education & Experience
- Highschool equivalency
- Completion of technical program in Precision Machining, CNC, Machining Tool Technology or other related field through secondary or post-secondary education; or possess 2-4 years of applicable experience
- Experience operating basic machining equipment including drills, lathes, grinders, welders, presses, CNC, etc.
- Experience using basic measuring tools i.e.; calipers, micrometers, scales
Compensation for Internship Position:
Students: up to $20/hr for 1st and 2nd year students and up to $25/hr for those entering their 3–4 year.
Compensation & Benefit Considerations for Full time employment:
PDI offers all Associates a comprehensive compensation and benefit plan as well as a positive and family-centered work environment. The following items will be provided as compensation and benefits for this position.
Base Pay and Benefits
- An annual base salary commensurate with experience will be provided
- All benefits of full-time employment including medical, dental and vision insurance for the employee and dependents is available. Benefits are provided in compliance with the company’s Summary Plan Descriptions and contribution rates for employees and dependents are determined annually. The benefit waiting period is 60-days.
- Participation in PDI’s 401(k) retirement plan with up to a 4% match of the associate’s gross income. The benefit waiting period is 12 months.
- Vacation accrual of 10 at least days per year, with accelerated accruals at various levels of tenure
- 8 Paid Holidays per year
- 6 days of accrued sick leave per year
- Participation in the company’s Associate Incentive Plan with a 9% match to the associate’s gross income. This benefit waiting period is 15 weeks.
OUR ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS
Step 1. Download and fill out the Pneu-Dart Application PDF. Download Application PDF
If the above button does not work, please click on the Employment Application Link at the top of the page.
Step 2. Once your have filled out the entire Pneu-Dart Application PDF, Click on the link below to begin the upload process.
Step 3. Fill out the General Personal Information online form, once finished, click [NEXT] at the bottom of the page
Step 4. Upload your filled out Pneu-Dart Application PDF and below it, upload your Resume.
Your resume upload will be the last step, and acceptable formats and sizes are as follows:
- MS Word Document
- MS Excel Document
- 8MB file size limit
Click Submit to finalize your application process