Title: Injection Molding Technician Intern
Reports to: Production Manager
EEO Category: Craft Workers (apprentice)
The primary role of the IM technician is to establish, support and implement process controls on all facets of existing and new injection molding projects including training across all shifts.
The IM technician is responsible for; evaluating mold and tooling requirements as assigned, to determine process, material, or tool-related issues and make appropriate recommendations. Act as the liaison between the production floor and Quality Assurance department while sustaining Pneu Dart, Inc. company policies.
Early Stage Expectations (First 6 months)
- Learning products, manufacturing processes, service policies, past history and the research/science behind PDI’s products. Specifically learning dart and dart-projector design and assembly will be of primary importance.
- Schedule and conduct routine change out procedures for the various molds required by inventory needs as forecasted by the production manager.
- Monitor and conduct maintenance on molds and machinery
- Assessing the outcomes of activities and continually recommending improvements
- Monthly objectives documented using Evernote shared files
- Ongoing team building will be required with IM Team Members, Team Leaders, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Material Handlers, and Operators to insure the company’s objectives are fullfilled.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated success and knowledge in the following areas:
- Master Molder
- Continuous Improvement / Lean Assessment
- Process development, mold/press/process debugging
Education & Experience
- Students currently in school, Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience in Injection Molding
Mental & Physical Requirements
In order to carry out the responsibilities of this position the following mental and physical requirements are required:
- Profile must possess critical thinking and problem solving skills,
- Advise production management of anticipated discrepancies to ensure proper utilization of press time for assigned projects.
- There will be physical activities from mold setups including but not limited to cleaning responsibilities.
- The role will require on occasions a nine hour work day and flexibility to stay later if necessary to complete critical goals.
- Sitting, Standing, Walking, Speaking, Writing, and Use of computer.
Compensation for Internship Position:
Students: up to $20/hr for 1st and 2nd year students and up to $25/hr for those entering their 3–4 year.
Compensation & Benefit Considerations for Full time employment:
PDI offers all Associates a comprehensive compensation and benefit plan as well as a positive and family-centered work environment. The following items will be provided as compensation and benefits for this position.
Base Pay and Benefits
- An annual base salary commensurate with experience will be provided
- All benefits of full-time employment including medical, dental and vision insurance for the employee and dependents is available. Benefits are provided in compliance with the company’s Summary Plan Descriptions and contribution rates for employees and dependents are determined annually. The benefit waiting period is 60-days.
- Participation in PDI’s 401(k) retirement plan with up to a 4% match of the associate’s gross income. The benefit waiting period is 12 months.
- Vacation accrual of 10 at least days per year, with accelerated accruals at various levels of tenure
- 8 Paid Holidays per year
- 6 days of accrued sick leave per year
- Participation in the company’s Associate Incentive Plan with a 9% match to the associate’s gross income. This benefit waiting period is 15 weeks.
OUR ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS
Step 1. Download and fill out the Pneu-Dart Application PDF. Download Application PDF
If the above button does not work, please click on the Employment Application Link at the top of the page.
Step 2. Once your have filled out the entire Pneu-Dart Application PDF, Click on the link below to begin the upload process.
Step 3. Fill out the General Personal Information online form, once finished, click [NEXT] at the bottom of the page
Step 4. Upload your filled out Pneu-Dart Application PDF and below it, upload your Resume.
Your resume upload will be the last step, and acceptable formats and sizes are as follows:
- MS Word Document
- MS Excel Document
- 8MB file size limit
Click Submit to finalize your application process